Saturday, June 21, 2014

Clothes on the Line!

Well, yesterday I used my new clothes line for the second time. Normally I do the laundry on Wednesday but it was raining so I didn't get to it till Friday. My wonderful husband Eric built it for me. I can't tell you how happy I am to have it up. He finished it last Wednesday, just in time for wash day! 
 
Had to run to the local Family Dollar store and buy new clothes pins though. I must have left my old ones back in WA. Totally a bummer too! The ones that they sell now are made so cheaply that they come off if you don't get them on just right. If anyone knows where I can get some good ones let me know. I've looked everywhere and they seem to be all the same. Made in China! 
 
Until now, I have been hanging a few clothes out on a couple of free standing racks and a short line on the front porch. It wasn't enough space for all of the laundry but it helped. So nice to have the space to hang all of it now.
 
I have such a handy husband. The whole project was made with what we had on hand with the exception of the concrete & line. So, about 20 bucks got her done. Not the prettiest, but definitely functional.
 
I know that most people wouldn't think of laundry as an exciting thing to do but I really enjoy hanging it out. I especially like taking it down. It smells so nice and I take advantage of the time it takes to reflect. I usually wait till evening before the sun goes down. It is very peaceful. Call me crazy, but I love it.
 
Thanks honey!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment