Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Valentines Day

Christmas 2013
Well, hello world!

This is my first post on my blog and I am so excited! There is so much that I want to say and share with all of you.

I am new to this whole blogging thing personally, although I have followed many wonderful blogs (that I will share with you later) over the years. It was suggested to me though that I start my own to share some of my thoughts and adventures, so here I am. You see, I love to craft, sew, bake, can and a million other things. It fills my life with joy and I want to show you how you can do it too.

Since recently moving to the country this last fall, I have been very busy doing all the things that I love to turn our new "homestead" into a home. This is what I'll be writing about. Our adventures (as well as many misadventures I'm sure) in homesteading. If you have read my "about me" page then you will know that I am a beginner in this whole living in the country thing. I think that my family and I have what it takes to make it work for us though. We are certainly enjoying it so far.
View of our corral and neighboring farm from my bedroom window

Our goals for the Stowers Homestead are...
  *Be self-sufficient
  *Recycle, Repurpose, Reuse 
  *Live a more healthful life
  *Have lots of fun and create strong bonds and lifelong memories as a family!

Will we succeed or will we fail... that remains to be seen. With faith, hard work and happy hearts I think that we will! Either way, I hope that you will enjoy "My Homestead Journey". I know we will!

Tina


No comments:

Post a Comment